Join over 35 leaders & visionaries as we explore the strategic trends and technologies shaping the future of our regional communities.
What is BIIF?
BIIF is an initiative of Be.Bendigo and directly supports our strategic aim of supporting local business, our community and economy. BIIF is also a key event of the Victoria-wide Digital Innovation Festival. The Festival includes a one-day symposium, networking opportunities, a datathon, the Festival of Failure, Bendigo Inventor Awards showcase and announcement of winners and more.
If you’re a regional business owner, tech professional, or community leader, the BIIF symposium is for you.
Why attend BIIF?
“Business has only two functions – marketing and innovation.”
Uncertainty, volatility and the exponential acceleration of technologies are some of the greatest commercial threats businesses are currently facing. The changes driven by digital technology don’t discriminate. Virtually every business and institution faces competitive threats from new, nimble competitors not hampered by past practice or thinking.
Yet, once understood, the threat of disruptive change from outside can be turned to a huge competitive advantage with the opportunities that flow from that understanding.
“Innovation distinguishes between a leader and a follower.”
BIIF will provide the tools and strategies to develop a leadership mindset to transform you and your organisation. Bringing together an interactive community to learn techniques and strategies, contemplate future scenarios, collaborate across sectors and gain empowering experiences, BIIF2018 will offer authoritative forecasts, strategies and practices to help transform you and your organisational leadership. BIIF will help you deal with disruption and inspire greater creative thinking and innovative behaviours and cultures. It will unlock the ideas and imagination of your people and inspire your leadership to achieve greater success.
“If you look at history, innovation doesn’t come just from giving people incentives; it comes from creating environments where their ideas can connect.”
Sharing a room with like-minded people is the surest way to spark new ideas and rekindle that enthusiasm and inspiration for innovation. While data is great, there’s still no better way to gain valuable insight than to see and hear it in person; sometimes we learn something different than the data would suggest.
“Innovation can’t just happen within the walls of your own organization.”
BIIF is the premier future-shaping conference for regional Australia for anyone who cares about creativity, innovation, growth and change. The event will transform your thinking and inspire excellence in innovation. The result is an expanded creative understanding and broader world view.
The BIIF symposium will:
- Feature over 35 world class Australian and international keynote speakers, futurists, leaders, inventors and innovators.
- Highlight risks, opportunities and megatrends that affect business and society in these uncertain times
- Provide insights and techniques for unlocking personal and organisational creativity and thinking that will inspire your leadership in times of complexity and prepare you for change
- Deliver strategies, structures and processes for creating transformation, greater organizational performance, agility and productivity
- Showcase the world’s best practice solutions and ideas for the development of sustainable and innovative futures for community, business and government
- Inspire you with stories of how regional entrepreneurs are founding startups, going global, and using technology and innovation to grow their business
- Bring together leaders and emerging talent to discover cross-disciplinary solutions that will make a difference in your life, organisation and community
- Offer outstanding networking and business opportunities
- Teach you how to be innovative well beyond product development: marketing, customer experience, future planning, competitive intelligence, company culture and mindset.
“Exploration is the engine that drives innovation. Innovation drives economic growth. So let’s all go exploring.”