Initiatives and Resources / Bendigo Regional HR Network
The Bendigo Regional HR Network is proud to provide local HR professionals and business owners with access to speakers and experts in a range of topics relevant to managing staff, by offering free events throughout the year.
The Bendigo Regional HR Network, convened by an organising committee of local HR professionals, became a Chapter of Be.Bendigo in 2020. This provided the HR Network with a fantastic opportunity to expand its reach to businesses in Central Victoria and to continue providing free seminars to local businesses on HR and people management related topics
The purpose of the Bendigo Regional HR Network is to provide opportunities for Central Victorian businesses to hear from local sources of professional knowledge and expertise with respect to people-related and workplace issues and topics. The HR Network aims to share best practice and contemporary human resources ideas, concepts and knowledge right here in Central Victoria. In doing so, it provides regular free opportunities for HR professionals and people managers to:
– meet up and network with like-minded people and develop valuable industry connections
– learn from subject matter and industry experts who share their knowledge, experiences and ideas on topical people related matters affecting local workplaces in a supported and safe environment
– reflect on the issues raised in the forums and to share what they know about the topic with others through small group discussions
– learn valuable and practical tools, resources and ideas that can be taken away and applied in the workplace
– create a sense of community and belonging, particularly for those working on their own or in very small workplaces who may feel isolated and alone at times when managing people related issues
2020 and 2021 have been challenging years for HR professionals, managers and business owners, and like so many organisations, the HR Network had to move to an online environment. In 2021 the HR Network was pleased to hold successful online forums, with the Industrial Relations legal team at Spotless recently providing an update for members on employment law. Earlier in the year, we were extremely fortunate to have had Pam Macdonald and Amalia Chilianis share their insights into how organisational culture has, and is likely to be, impacted by the pandemic.
With over 500 members and new members joining regularly, the HR Network looks forward to continuing to grow with the ongoing support of Be.Bendigo. Membership is free, events are free and new members are always welcome. We hope to welcome you to one of our events in 2022.
The Network provides a professional forum for people involved in employing staff (HR professionals or those in management or support roles) to:
The Bendigo Regional HR Network is the result of the colboration of two like-minded groups – one sponsored by the City of Greater Bendigo with its origins in the Manufacturing Group and the other with its origins in the Australian Human Resources Institute (AHRI).
The Bendigo Regional HR Network in its current form commenced in 2013.