Are you an industry professional who would like to give back to your community, but don’t have a lot of time to spare? Being a mentor is a great way to do that! GROW Bendigo’s Youth Mentoring Program is currently seeking mentors to take part in the program from April-June 2023. It only requires a small commitment, but could have a huge impact!
What is the GROW Bendigo Youth Mentoring program?
A program that provides support to at-risk young people (15-24) to find pathways from the back of the employment queue to employment.
It is a structured 8-week mentoring program that provides guidance to the Young Person (Maximum 10 People), Support Worker and Mentor.
The program is a collaboration between YO Bendigo and GROW Bendigo.
How long does it run for?
The mentoring period will run for eight weeks. We will be running multiple eight-week programs throughout the year.
What is expected of each mentor?
It is expected that mentors will:
– Provide support and guidance to the young person towards achieving their goals.
– Attend all events and mentoring sessions (meetings will be arranged around everyone’s availability).
What is the time commitment?
The commitment will involve:
– Participation in a young person mentoring workshop (if required)
– An hour-long program kick-off event.
– 45-minute meetings with young person every fortnight (ie. 4 meetings)
– An hour-long end of program celebration event.
How to register interest in participating
It’s easy! Simply fill in this quick form and we will get in touch with you: https://bit.ly/GROWBendigoMentor